23 Ocak 2016 Cumartesi

REFLECTION TASK 2A:


THE ROLE OF WOMEN IN SOCIETY

I would like to choose the topic of the role of women in society because I think it really is an important matter. Also the topic has significance for me as I am a woman myself, I feel that I should protect firstly my rights then other women’s rights because even in  today’s world, women’s right are not still clear.
First of all, women are bridge between the family and the society. Women contribute the society by bearing and raising individuals. As we cannot think a society without individuals, we can say that women are the creator of a society. Also, although they contribute the society as much as men do, women regarded as incapable of some works. In sexist societies they are thought to sit at home, take of children, do housework and also they have no right to speak but we see the example in our daily life that women can do much. For example in the times of Independence War in Turkey, women catered the soldiers, took care of their home and children and sometimes they fought in the war and defended their country. As it is seen in the example women are not helpless and weak individuals as some societies regard.
Also in our society, the role of women is a controversial matter. While some people think women belong with home, have to do the housework and shouldn’t be included in daily life; some people think that women should be educated and be an active part of the society. To give an example, when I was living in Bitlis in the year of 2004, I was really shocked. People were marrying their daughter in early age and they had no problem with it. Also, women didn’t have the right to speak, they wouldn’t even get out of the house. I felt really sorry for those women. It was really my motivation source when I started to justify women’s rights. I saw it with my own eyes that women are underestimated, I read a lot of books about women’s rights and I tried to defend women’s rights as much as I can. I consider myself, at least I want to be included, in the latter group of people. I think women should be educated, be a part of the society, and make big achievements. When women are given the chance we can see the examples of successful women.

YES, WE CAN DO IT!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder