23 Ocak 2016 Cumartesi

REFLECTION TASK 2B:

THE WALKING DEAD

The Walking Dead is an American horror drama TV series. It is based on the comic book series of the same name. It was first aired October 31, 2010 and it has received well comments from both the audience and critics. The series is about zombies but they never use the word of “zombie”, instead they say “walkers”. Andrew Lincoln plays the show's lead character, sheriff's deputy Rick Grimes, who awakens from a months-long coma to confront a post-apocalyptic world overrun by zombies. Grimes reunites with his family and becomes the leader of a group he forms with other survivors. Together they struggle to survive in and adapt to a world filled with zombies and some humans who are even more dangerous than the zombies themselves.
The perspective of the director is obviously pessimistic. The story is told from the alive group of people’s point of view but sometimes in some scenes, you can see the apocalypse from some other people’s point of view. I think the perspective of the director is quite a good one and if I were the director, I would use the same perspective because the perspective is such in a way that when you watch the series you feel trapped and that makes you more curious about the series. For example while I was watching the series it embraced me so much that, I watched 3 seasons in 1.5 days. Beside the choice of perspective, also the series is a good reflection of the topic. There are many zombie films present but none of them has been viewed as much as The Walking Dead because they weren’t reflected well enough. Of course zombie apocalypse is something an output of imagination but as the movies have limited time, they have to shorten the stories and that makes the viewers bored. In the series however, every step of the apocalypse is shown and it makes the story more realistic. The content of the story is also quite an interested one. I have always wondered what the life on earth would be like if an apocalypse had occurred? That’s way the series is a source of attraction for me. I find the story quite consistent but in some points, it seems like not close-reality and that is one of the things I dislike about the series. Other than that I love the series and it takes my breath away when I watch it. One of the things that I like the most is that in addition to being a cool horror story, it has a main message in it and the message is repeated on a regular basis. While they are giving a life struggle to survive, the people in the series also kill one another. They just don’t kill zombies to stay alive, they also kill one another for unimportant matters instead of helping. It is one point which is repeated in the series and it’s the social message for the community. All in all, besides being a realistic TV series, The Walking Dead also has an social importance and I really like it.
Here one of the scenes I found so breath-taking:                  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wuzLiyKVSU

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder